It’s almost time for the London Marathon – so with just under two weeks to go, here’s some tips to help you get the best out of the day.
1) Don’t change your training plans even if you’re worried about how far you’ve done – stick to the plan and don’t try and cram in a load of extra miles at the last minute. Also – next week should be fairly easy.
2) Try out meals this week (if you haven’t already) – the last thing you want is an upset stomach on the day, so plan out your meals for the next two weeks now and make sure you’re cooking something safe for the few days before.
3) Get yourself a sports massage booked in – or a foam roller. A sports massage should take place no less than 3 days before, and think about using a roller the night before – but only if you’ve done it at least a few times before.
4) Plan out the day itself – yes it’s still days away, but work out where you’re going and how – and leave plenty of time. The queues for toilets will be massive along with everywhere else.
5) Remember to enjoy the day!
If you’re worried about anything ahead of the day then don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team here.